Healthy Beef Meat Pie (Serves 1) Calories 428
P - 32g, C - 48g, F - 11g
Pie: 100g extra lean beef mince 20g carrots (grated) 50g cherry tomatoes (diced) 20g celery (diced) 10g red onion (diced) 2.5g minced garlic 50g passata sauce
10g tomato paste 5g corn flour 5g beef bone broth or beef stock (dissolved in 100mls boiling water) 45g reduced fat puff pastry, thawed 2mls egg whites
Salt & pepper
Virgin Olive Oil Spray
150g low carb fries Green Salad
Method 1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees.
2. Slice the potatoes into fries. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the chips onto the tray.
3. Spray with a light spray of virgin olive oil and garnish with salt and pepper.
4. Place into the oven for approx 20-30 minutes (check half way and flip the chips over to cook on the other side).
5. Preheat a fry pan over a medium heat and spray with oil.
6. Add the mince and garlic to the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
7. Next add the grated carrots and diced cherry tomatoes, celery and onion into the pan and sauté with the mince for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the passata sauce, tomato paste, flour, salt and pepper into the pan and stir to combine until the sauce becomes thick. (Note: add more water if the sauce is too thick)
9. Let the meat simmer for about 15 minutes (keep adding more water if the sauce again becomes too thick).
10. Once the meat has finished simmering place it into a ceramic dish.
11. Cut the pastry into quarters and place one of the quarters on top of the mince meat making sure the pastry covers the entire top of the ceramic dish. Cut the sides off the pastry if too long.
12. Brush the puff pastry with the egg whites.
13. Place the pie into the oven and cook for about 20 mins until the pastry in brown.
14. While the pie is cooking prepare a green side salad.
15. Remove the pie and the fries from the oven.
16. To serve; place the pie on a plate with the cooked fries and the green salad.