Merri's Egg and Bacon Muffin (Serves 1)
P - 26g, C - 26g, F - 13g
1 wholemeal muffin
2 eggs (free range)
30g short cut bacon
15mls tomato sauce (no added sugar)
30g baby spinach & rocket prepacked mix
1. Cook your eggs to your liking. The recommended options would be poached or boiled.
2. Heat a fry pan up over a medium heat and place the bacon into the pan. Fry on one side and flip and fry on the other side. Turn the heat off.
2. Halve the muffin and toast both sides.
3. Place half of the spinach on the base of the muffin followed by one of the eggs, the bacon, the sauce, the other egg and finish off with the remaining spinach and rocket.
4. Place the other half of the muffin on top and serve.