Prawn and Chorizo Quinoa Paella (Serves 4)
Ingredients 1 chorizo sausage 2 cloves garlic 1 white onion 1 tin diced tomatoes 1 1/2 cups quinoa 2 tsp smoked paprika 2 tsp turmeric 1 tsp sea salt 3 cups vegetable stock 12 large green prawns 1 cup frozen peas 2 handfuls fresh spinach leaves 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves Lemon wedges, to serve
Method 1. Pre-heat a large paella pan on medium-high heat (if you don’t have a paella pan, use a deep fry pan).
Slice the chorizo into 1cm pieces, and then into quarters. Add chorizo to the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
2. Mince garlic and finely dice onion. Add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add tomatoes, quinoa, paprika, turmeric and salt. Stir for 1 minute and then add vegetable stock.
4. Once the mixture comes to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has absorbed (ensure you stir often).
5. Meanwhile, peel and devein prawns. 6. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over high heat and spray lightly with olive oil.
7. Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and no longer translucent.
8. When quinoa is almost ready, stir in the peas and spinach until well combined.
9. To serve, arrange prawns on top of the paella, sprinkle with parsley and place lemon wedges around.