Mexican Beef Salad with Low Carb Potato Wedges (Serves 1)
P - 34g, C - 35g, F - 16g
200g Spud light, low carb potatoes, sliced into wedges
130g extra lean beef mince
6g salt reduced mild taco spice mix
50g carrot, grated
20g red onion, diced
20g avocado, mashed
50g cos lettuce, shredded
20g low fat sour cream/or low fat greek yoghurt
40g medium salsa (pre-brought)
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees and place a piece of baking paper onto a baking tray.
2. Place the potato wedges onto the tray and spray with olive oil and garnish with salt and pepper.
3. Place in the oven for approx 40 mins. Make sure you turn them half way.
4. Meanwhile, heat a fry pan over a medium heat and spray with some olive oil spray.
5. Place the mince meat into the pan with the onion and saute until nearly cooked.
6. Add the taco spice mix and stir through until all combined. note: add a little water if the mince meat mixture is too thick.
7. To plate up the dish, place the cooked potato wedges at the bottom, followed the by cos lettuce, mince meat, carrot, avocado, sour cream and salsa.
8. Note the macros and calories above include the sour cream in the dish and not the yoghurt.