Apple Pie Protein Mug Cake (serves 1)
P - 22g, C - 31g, F - 10g
120g stewed apple
30g instant oats
1 free range egg
10g vanilla protein powder
2mls vanilla essence
40g plain greek yoghurt
2g sugar free digestive biscuit
5mls sugar free maple syrup
1. Remove the apple peel and dice the apple into small pieces and place in a pot of boiling water and stew until nice and soft.
2. Once the apple is soft, mash with a fork.
3. In a small ceramic bowl place the oats, egg, vanilla protein powder, vanilla essence, 1/2 of the mashed apple and cinnamon and stir until combined.
4. Place into the microwave for 60 secs on high. Check the cake and if not cooked place back into the microwave for a further 30-40 secs.
5. Once cooked, cut around the around the edges of the cake, turn it upside down onto a plate and shake it to free it from the bottom of the ceramic bowl.
6. Top with remaining apple, the yoghurt and the maple syrup.