Mini Healthy Beef Lasagna (Serves 1)
P - 37g, C - 9g, F - 16g
125g lean beef mince meat
2.5g garlic minced
100g passata tomato puree
10g red onion, chopped
2g Italian herbs
75g light smooth ricotta cheese
10g grated parmesan
1 wholemeal mountain bread wrap
Extra virgin olive oil spray
Fresh parsley, diced
1. Heat a fry pan over a medium heat with a spray of olive oil and place the onion in the pan with the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
2. Add the mince meat into the pan and cook until brown.
3. Add the passata sauce, herbs and salt/pepper and stir to combine.
4. Leave to simmer for about 5-10 minutes. #If the sauce gets a bit dry add in some water.
5. Meanwhile cut the mountain bread into circles or squares depending on the shape of the oven dish.
6. Spray the oven dish with olive oil and place a 1/3rd of the mince meat over the bottom and then top one piece of the mountain bread on top.
7. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese.
8. Next layer place the mountain bread on top of the ricotta, then another 1/3rd of the mince meat followed again by the 1/3rd of the ricotta.
9. Continue layering until you finish with a single piece of mountain bread on top and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then the parsley.