Healthy Shepherd's Pie (serves 1)
P- 36g, C - 30g, F - 7g
125g extra lean beef mince
50g cherry tomatoes, diced
10g red onion , diced
30g carrot, grated
30g celery, diced
2.5g garlic mince
5mls worcestershire sauce
15g no added salt tomato paste
2g himalayan and garlic seasoning (from Physique Chef - available to order on preferred supplier tab)
200g low carb spud light potatoes
30g greek yoghurt
Virgin olive oil spray
1. Peel and dice the potatoes and place into a pot of boiling water. Cook until nice and soft.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees fan forced.
3. Heat a fry pan over a medium heat with olive oil spray and place the garlic and onion into the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the beef mince, cherry tomatoes, carrot and celery. Stir until nearly cooked through.
5. Add in the worchestershire sauce, tomato paste, vegemite, seasoning and salt/pepper. Make sure all the sauce is evenly distributed over all of the ingredients.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked drain the water and place the yogurt into the pot and mash until nice and fluffy. Add a bit of salt and pepper if you like.
7. In a small ceramic bowl place the cooked mince meat on the bottom followed by the mashed potato on top.
8. Place into the oven (uncovered) for about 15 minutes until completely cooked through.
9. Serve with a side salad