Chicken San Chow Bow Salad (Serves 1)
P - 35g, C - 25g, F - 11g
20g red onion, diced
1/2 tsp garlic mince
120g chicken mince or diced chicken breast
25g red capsicum, diced
2g pink himalayan chili salt (optional)
10mls tamari sauce
50g wholegrain brown rice
50g iceberg lettuce leaves
2g fresh coriander (or parsley), diced
Wedge of fresh lime
5g Dijon mustard
5mls tamari sauce
2mls sesame oil
1. Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
2. Preheat a fry pan over a medium heat and spray with light extra virgin olive oil. Place the onion and garlic into the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the chicken mince and saute until nearly cooked through. Add in the red capsicum, chili salt, and tamari sauce.
4. Continue to saute until sauce has dispersed throughout all the ingredients. Turn pan off.
5. To construct the salad, dice the lettuce leaves and place into the bottom of a serving bowl, top with the cooked rice, chicken mince, avocado and a dollop of the yoghurt.
7. To make the sauce; in a small bowl combine the mustard, tamari sauce, sesame oil and water. Whisk until combined.
8. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the salad.
9. Garnish with coriander and a wedge of fresh lime.