Satay Chicken and Bacon Cauliflower Fried Rice (Serves 1)
P - 55g, C - 12g, F - 16g
15g Peanut Butter
5mls Tamari Soy Sauce
1 Free range egg, beaten
10g Spring Onions
150g Lean Chicken Breast, diced
30g Lean 97% Fat Free Shortcut Bacon (from Aldi), diced
2.5g Minced Garlic
50g Carrots, Peas and Corn Frozen Mix
1. Dice the cauliflower and place into a steamer saucepan, steam for a couple of minutes over boiling water until just tender.
2. Roughly mash the cauliflower with a vegetable masher to form the rice. Set aside.
3. Combine the peanut butter, tamari and water together until it forms a nice paste and set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and pour the egg into the fry pan and tilt the pan and swirl the egg until it is spread over the bottom of the fry pan. Cook on side for 1-2 mins and flip and cook on the other side.
5. Remove from heat and roughly chop up and set aside.
6. Wipe the pan down and re-heat over a medium heat and add the chicken, diced bacon and the minced garlic and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
7. Add in the spring onions, peas, corn and carrot mix and toss through the dish to combine.
8. Add in the cooked rice and stir this through the dish.
9. Add in the satay sauce mix and stir to coat the fried rice. Once coated, turn off the heat.
10. Serve in a bowl.