Healthy Beef Sausage Rolls (Serves 1)
P - 28g, C - 33g, F - 7g
100g extra lean beef mince
15g zucchini, grated
20g carrot, grated
10g red onion, chopped
2.5g minced garlic
5g wholegrain mustard
Salt & pepper 50g Mountain Bread Wraps
2g sesame seeds
5g liquid egg whites
150g Zerella spud light fries
15mls tomato sauce (sugar free or no added sugar varieties)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Cut the potatoes up into fries and place onto a baking tray with a light spray of light virgin olive oil. Grind some salt & pepper over the top.
3. Place into the oven for approx 20-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a fry pan over a medium heat and spray with some extra light virgin olive oil and place onion and minced garlic into the pan. Saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the mince meat, zucchini, carrot and mustard into the pan and continue to saute until the mince meat is cooked through
6. Place the mountain bread on a flat surface and place the mince meat down one side of the mountain bread and roll into a long sausage roll. Cut the sausage roll in halves.
7. With a pastry brush, brush the egg whites over the top of the mountain bread and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 8.. Place the sausage roll onto a lined baking try and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the mountain bread becomes crispy.
9. Serve with the cooked fries, garden salad and a squirt of the tomato sauce.