Updated: Dec 9, 2019
Easy Chicken & Veggie Risotto
P - 49g, C - 48g, F - 14g
50g wholegrain brown rice (Tip! I used Tilda's macro friendly wholegrain brown basmati rice)
125g cauliflower rice (Tip! Buy it frozen)
100g frozen peas, corn and carrot mix
65g butternut pumpkin, diced into small pieces
50g fresh baby spinach
120g cooked shredded roast chicken (skin removed)
15g wholegrain mustard
40g light cream cheese
1tsp parsley (chopped)
Pink Himalayan rock salt with chili
12g parmesan cheese
1. Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick fry pan up over a medium heat and place the frozen cauliflower, peas, corn, carrot and pumpkin into the pan and sauté until all soft.
3. Add the shredded roast chicken and the cooked rice into the pan. Stir to combine.
4. In a small jug place the cream cheese and mustard and mix until well combined.
5. Place into the fry pan and mix through the ingredients. If the risotto becomes too dry add some water.
6. Add in the parsley, chili salt, spinach and half of the parmesan cheese and mix through the risotto.
7. Once the spinach has wilted turn the heat off.
8. Place the risotto into a serving bowl and garnish with the rest of the parmesan cheese.