Updated: Dec 9, 2019
Mini Low-Calorie Beef Lasagna served with Sweet Potato Fries
P - 51g, C - 43g, F – 18g
120g sweet potato
20g red onion, chopped
2.5g garlic minced
130g extra lean beef mince meat
100g passata sauce (Tip! Also known as tomato puree)
3g Italian herbs
150g light smooth ricotta cheese
10g light mozzarella cheese (Tip! Coles light mozzarella is the best choice)
1 wholemeal mountain bread wrap
Light virgin olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Slice the potatoes up into chips and garnish with salt and pepper.
2. Place them onto a lined baking tray and pop them into oven for about 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes and flip the chips over and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick fry pan up over a medium heat and place the onion into the pan with the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the mince meat into the pan and cook until brown.
5. Add the passata sauce, herbs and salt/pepper and stir to combine.
6. Leave to simmer to about 5-10 minutes for the sauce to thicken (Tip! If the sauce becomes too thick then add in a bit more water).
7. Meanwhile cut the mountain bread into circles or squares depending on the shape of the oven dish.
8. Spray the oven dish with olive oil and place a 1/3rd of the mince meat over the bottom and then top one piece of the mountain bread over the top.
9. Top with 1/3rd of the ricotta cheese over the mountain bread sheet followed by a 1/3rd of the mince meat sauce again.
10. Continual layering until you finish with a single piece of mountain bread on top. 11. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.