Pumpkin Lasagna with a Beef & Zucchini Sauce (Serves 1)
P - 43g, C - 41g, F - 14g
130g lean beef mince
20g red onion, diced
2.5g garlic mince
70g zucchini, grated
100g passata sauce (tomato purée)
Virgin olive oil spray
55g lasagna béchamel sauce (i used Dolmio brand)
50g pumpkin lasagna (i used fresh pasta brand - Coles)
20g light mozzarella shredded cheese
fresh parsley (diced)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Spray a ceramic baking dish with a small amount of virgin olive oil spray.
2. Preheat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and place the onion in the pan with the garlic and sauté for 1 min.
3. Add the mince and zucchini into the pan and cook until the mince is brown.
4. Add in the passata sauce, herbs and salt and pepper into the pan and stir to combine.
5. Leave to simmer to about 5-10 minutes for the sauce to thicken (if the sauce becomes too thick then add in a bit more water).
6. While the sauce is simmering, cut the lasagne sheets into quarters.
7. Place 1/3rd amount of the mince meat sauce over the bottom of the baking dish and then top with one piece of the lasagna over the top.
8. Top with 1/3 of the béchamel sauce over the lasagne sheet followed by a 1/3rd of the mince meat sauce again.
9. Continually layering until you finish with a single piece of lasagne on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and fresh parsley.